The purpose of this internship is to give an undergraduate student a view into the world of a radio station. Because this is an UNPAID internship, applicants must be currently attending college AND receive course credit for this internship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help in the planning and execution of radio station events with the programming, promotions, and sales staff so the stations are set up for success and look their best
- Assist talent and staff with production of on-air programming; to include shows, station imaging, and commercials
- Drive station vehicles in and around listening areas
- Represent the stations as a brand ambassador at events as host and/or support
- Coordinate all station marketing and promotional materials including event equipment and station merch/swag so brands look and sound their best
- Create and distribute engaging social media content during events
- Make sure station events and contests are properly and regularly promoted on websites and social media
- Interact with listeners in a professional manner by phone, online and in person
- Populate station event and promotional calendars (external, and internal)
- Perform a variety of administrative duties
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Outgoing with a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- High work ethics and standards
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Must be comfortable and able to stand for multiple hours as well as lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
The purpose of this internship is to give an undergraduate student a view into the world of a
radio station. After interning with Binnie Media, the student will have knowledge and an understanding of station events, promotions, marketing, and programming, including technical aspects such as recording, mixing, and editing, as well as an introduction to the sales side of radio.
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Binnie Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.